Turquoise Sunset Travel

Hello!

My name is Lindsey and in February of 2023 I decided to become a travel agent on top of my full time job. I was looking for a way to satisfy my travel bug in me. I love to travel! I love the planning and finding the adventures and all that it entails. So, I did my research and learned the best way to dip my toes in the profession. I am so excited as I work through finding my niche, but I can tell you after a recent trip to Mexico, I will be offering a lot of Mexican vacations. I also have not taken a cruise, but I love the idea and the sites you get to see and how you can tour or do excursions and many stops. I also love Europe and Asia. It will be really hard to find the couple of places to specialize in. 

A bit about myself, I was born and raised in Northern Utah. I still live in Northern Utah and LOVE it here. The winters can be super long like this year and I always dream of getting out of the cold even if it is just for a few days. I grew up with horses and loved to compete in Show Jumping. Unfortunately, it was not a big sport in Utah and so I had to find a trainer that could help me get onto a circuit and compete. 

My husband and I have 6 kids between the 2 of us, we have 2 Doberman's and love snowmobiling, camping, exploring the mountains, boating, riding our UTV and ATV's and hiking. I love to travel, but my husband traveled for work for 25 years and so he doesn't care to travel as much as I like to. 

During my research on how to become a travel agent, I learned so much about the hard work, the hours and the ups and downs that they have to go through. 

I have never used a travel agent before, but now I wish I would have knowing they will be the middle man for you! If something ends up not right, they can contact the hotel, cruise line or whatever it be and get things right for you. What I didn't know is that they do not get paid UNTIL the client has returned from their vacation, so the payout is still a week or two out from that point. 

Many Travel agents charge a planning fee and because of this many feel they are paying more than they should. The reason they charge a planning fee is one, it helps with the client making a commitment to use them. It helps ward off all the tire kickers or the ones that just want someone to do the research and get the info and than book on their own. 

I look forward to posting my adventures as well as getting some videos uploaded on YouTube to share of my experience and what I may have done differently. 

I look forward to sharing my recent trip to Cancun, Mexico and what we learned down there. 


Adventures await!

Lindsey

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cancun, Mexico

Acklins and Crooked Island Bahamas