Cancun, Mexico

I never actually thought that I would love Cancun! I honestly went down there with a mindset that it was not going to be that great! Have you ever done that? I had in my mind that it was way too much of a party place then I would like. 

I wish we would have had more time to spend and actually go visit the town and eat at some of the suggested places, but I plan to go back here in the next few months and stay in Isla Mujeres

We flew with Spirit Airlines and honestly for the price I would fly with them again. We ended up upgrading our long flight to the exit seat rows and that was much better. When we arrived at Cancun Airport, it was a bit overwhelming only because we hadn't been there. I also paid for a private transfer just for us so that we didn't have to wait on others. That part was a bit messed up and we didn't end up in the vehicle that we were suppose to have, but it still ended up private and we had a great conversation with the driver. 

Our driver was fantastic and took us to our resort, which was The Azul Beach Resort. My husband and I like to read reviews, watch videos and learn about the area or the resort before we go. We had super low expectations with the resort and ended up being more impressed with it. There were a lot of reviews stating the resort was run down and needed to be upgraded and that the food wasn't that great. My honest opinion was the hotel looked great. Our walls had a couple of cracks and could be repainted, but with the humidity and heat, I am sure that the walls look like that within a matter of months. Humidity sure can take a toll quickly on buildings. 

We ate at Zolaca and I really enjoyed their food and the service was fantastic. For breakfast we ate at the Spoon, which is a buffet and I was not a fan of that place at all. There is another restaurant that served breakfast called Zavaz, which I didn't know until the last day. Pizza Pizza I saw had reviews that weren't great, but we ate there and I loved it and I am not a big pizza fan! The drinks at the swim up pool were ok. The better you tip, the better they get and you get waited on pretty quick when you tip. We only did a dollar a drink, but we did it every drink. Now, if you want a delicious Mojito, the Mojito bar was fantastic and I had him do a mixture of raspberry and ginger in mine. 

I wish it was made more clear about how to go about making reservations at the resort to eat at the restaurants that stated reservations requires. Just so you know, you have a concierge at the end of your building that is there from 9 am-2 pm. You have to make reservations with them during those hours. 

The beach was pretty dang clean of the seaweed, but like any beach with sea life and seaweed, it can have an undesirable smell. The beach is small, but well worth going and hanging out. The pools are clean and you can get scuba diving lessons for free in the one pool. There is a splash pad for the littles, tennis courts, archery and you can rent Kayaks at the beach. You can also have a massage at the beach.

Since our visit there in April, there has been an announcement that they are making The Azul Beach Resort an adult only.  

I would definitely stay here again. I loved how quiet it was for the most part and the staff was fantastic. 

Our first full day, we did site inspections to several of the Karisma resorts. We went to Margaritaville, El Dorado Royale, El Dorado Casitas, and El Dorado Generations, and Nickelodeon. The El Dorado properties are all right next to each other and is a beautiful resort. They have a beautiful area for weddings, a chapel, kids areas, and so much to do. The beach here is beautiful. They do have some man made reefs that were pushed in with the last hurricane and they are working with the government to get them moved back into place so that they can prevent the waves from washing away the shore. 

Margaritaville is another stunning resort. Their rooms have a mini bar, they give you flip flops and if you go over to the smoothie bar, you can blend your own drink on the bicycle. They have a beautiful beach and a spa that was delightful. 

Nickelodeon Resort is an amazing Resort. The biggest attraction is the water park, which you can get a day pass to go play at the water park. The waterpark was so big and looked like so much fun. All of the rooms are ocean front rooms. They have great places to eat, but for breakfast you have to catch a shuttle to go over to the main building to have breakfast. I found that a bit odd that they wouldn't have food closer to the rooms. They did have a coffee bar down in Bikini Bottom and they also put out snacks down there for you to grab for breakfast. This resort is perfect for the kids to really enjoy themselves and have a great time in the water. The beach they had was beautiful! The only downfall was they do have a sand wall for when the waves come in and so you have to use stairs to get over to it. Which if someone has a disability would be hard to get there. I forgot to ask if they had an easier access for those that may have a disability. 

Now, for the excursions!!! This is the best part! We signed up to go snorkeling on a catamaran. The package we chose gave us round trip transfers and we got to go out on the catamaran that offered drinks, which was water or beer. They do have wine, but it may be an extra charge. Note to the men that have a mustache, your mask will not seal correctly with a mustache. Ask my husband how well that went. 😂

The catamaran ride was so enjoyable and relaxing. I could spend a whole day just hanging out on one of those that offers the lunch or dinner. I really want to do a sunset cruise on one. 

I have a list of places I plan to go to in my next several visits. 

Isla Mujeres, Tulum, Cozumel, swimming with the dolphins and so much more. There is so much to do there, you just have to pick from the list and try it out. 

If you have any questions, I would love to help you get set up and an all inclusive resort, or if you prefer somewhere that you can stay close to town and do your own thing, there are plenty of restaurants and you can get meals as cheap as $1.30. 

Check out these places you can stay on Vrbo

You can find me on:

FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/LindseyLuxevoVacations

Instagram: @Lindseyluxevovacations

You can contact me to talk about a vacation at:

lindsey@luxevovacations.com

1-866-227-6607  EXT 5963

I will edit the post later to add some photos. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Acklins and Crooked Island Bahamas

Turquoise Sunset Travel